Trending Tuesdays: #BigBoobsProblems Solved (Maternity Edition)
This week’s blog theme is centered around being stylish and pregnant. If you have ever been pregnant you know what it feels like to go through a period of shock and awe as the body that you once knew balloons into an object that is the temporary home of your offspring. One of the greatest challenges many women face is the sudden development or onslaught of fatty tissue in their busts. Some women welcome it with glee while others lament about the pain of supporting their rapidly expanding bustline and the dreaded reality of no longer fitting into their existing clothing.
So what do you do when you are minding your own business, eating your meals and your front closure bra decides to break on you? Do you cry and ask God why he chose you or do you run out and buy a whole new collection of bra’s ? Before you answer that question, we have some tips for you.
This morning Twitter was abuzz with the trending topic #Bigboobsproblems. I thought, strange, but how fitting. Here are a few tips for soon to be momma’s who could use a little help in the bust department:
1. First, consider reviewing our previous blog post for tips on bra’s that flatter. Know which bras are suitable for the clothing style you select and your unique body.
2. Unless you are forced to run to the store because your existing bra gave out, hang in there until, at the very least, the second trimester. If you notice that your bustline is expanding faster than your waistline, get a transitioning bra that you can wear over your existing bra. No one wants to see breast tissue bursting from your bra. A good and affordable solution is the Genie Bra. You can buy them at Walmart. It is an excellent solution for keeping you comfortable when discomfort seems to be the order of the day. Unless you are going to sleep, you may want to consider wearing a supportive bra under your Genie, by itself it doesn’t do much in terms of support.
3. As you get closer to the mid point or end of your pregnancy, consider investing in at least one sexy bra in your new size. Why? Because being preggers should never mean frumpy. Wear sexy underwear because when you look in the mirror, you may not identify with this new bod, but at least you know you’re hot. Well endowed ladies, check out Bravissimo a UK based Bra retailer for some beautiful bra solutions.
4. Got itchy busts? Grease those puppies. Literally. Consider using Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Bio Oil or any natural oil to keep the skin on your bussom moisturized. Itchy busts are no fun and it’s really not a good look to be scratching yourself as if you have fleas. So moisturize away girl.
5. Invest in maternity bras closer to your third trimester. Word has it, those babies (and we aren’t talking about the one in your tummy) get full pretty fiercely post delivery. Since you and your two closest parts will be responsible for feeding a starving human being, you will need to have a few easily accessible maternity bra’s that make breastfeeding a breeze. That’s if breastfeeding is a part of your plan. If not, then you can go back to tip #3 and go to town with those sexy bra’s.
6. Last but not least, love the body that you’re in. Sure, strapless bras, breast tape and spaghetti straps may not be your friend and four breast syndrome may be a threat…but your body is undergoing changes to give you the opportunity to nurture and grow a beautiful blessing! Minor #bigboobsproblems can’t compare to the joy of becoming a beautiful mommy and nourishing the miracle that is your child.
Are you pregnant? How do you feel about your changing bod? Has it cramped your style? Chime in, we would love to hear.
Stay locked to our blog for more maternity style tips coming this week.